Friday, November 16, 2012

Article in Fine Art Connoisseur

December 2012 (pages 55-59)
I was privileged to speak with Linda Lee Alter a few months back about her incredible collection of art by women, which she recently gifted to the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts.  PAFA is celebrating this enormous and important donation with an exhibition (opening tonight!) which they call The Female Gaze: women artists making their world. I was thrilled that my editor at Fine Art Connoisseur allowed me to write on this topic which is so dear to my heart and even gave the piece what looks to me something like star billing in the magazine. Five pages, right in the middle! Aaah. Of course, Ms. Alter's genius was the spirit behind it, and the art speaks for itself, but here's what I wrote:


Click Images to Enlarge. Depending on your screen size this will or will not bring the shot up to readable size. If not, drag or download the enlarged shot to your desktop and open it in Preview or PhotoShop etc.) 






Many thanks also to Robert Cozzolino, the senior curator at PAFA, for sharing his insights with me!


The Female Gaze:
Women Artists Making Their World


November 17, 2012 - April 7, 2013

PAFA
Hamilton Building
128 N. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
215-972-7600

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations and bravo. I am so impressed and so pleased for you! Now I will need to read the article, but knowing your other work, I am already certain it will be excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Ms. Alter is a woman of such incredible vision, I only hope I did justice to the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congratulations on the article!

    ReplyDelete