Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Last Picture Show

In front of my three paintings in this last Artists' House exhibition, July 2013

This month brings the final exhibition at Artists' House Gallery. The directors, Lorraine and Marv Riesenbach are retiring after twenty-two wonderful and successful years. I have been with this fine gallery since it began, a stroke of luck for which I am immensely grateful.  How did it come about? It was my good fortune to meet Lorraine when we were both studying in the certificate program at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts. Lorraine is one of the most wonderful people anyone could ever happen to meet, and we became good friends. When I got married a few months after graduation Lorraine supported me through the ceremony as one of my bridesmaids. Within the year,  she and Marv started Artists' House Gallery and I was honored to be part of the original Artists' House gang.  I know how lucky I was, and I still feel honored today...nobody could ask for a better gallery than Artists' House or a better friend than Lorraine Riesenbach. Thank you Artists' House folks, Lorraine, Marv, Leigh and Rita, a million times over for all that this wonderful gallery has done for me personally and also, more importantly, for the arts community at large! ~♡♡♡~

RETIREMENT EXHIBIT---ARTISTS' HOUSE GALLERY
July 5 to August 25
Reception: July 7, 1-4 pm.

Artists' House57 North Second Street  Philadelphia, PA 19106  (215) 923-8440    Wed - Sun 12-5 PM or by appointment
http://www.artistshouse.com/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment